Thursday, August 23, 2007

Arizona Heat

Hello Everyone!
Well it is so fun to hear about everyone! I just wanted to let you know where we are at since I did not do so previously. We are in the heat of Arizona. We live in Gilbert, I work about 15 minutes away in Mesa, (Teacher) and Ryan works about 25 miles away in Phoenix.(Accountant) Even after 2 years I am still not used to the heat. You know how in school we had snow days? Well here we have heat days and they are not fun. Heat days are when it is over 100 degrees by 9:00 am. That means there will be no recess. As a teacher I pray for recess! The other day I almost started to cry when on my way to work at 7:00 am it was 98 degrees! Aghh! But you know don't worry in a couple months we might get out of the hundreds. I tell you I just am amazed at the pioneers who came down here. No airconditioning, cars, oh boy! I am afraid I would have turned right around and headed back to wonderful UT! We do enjoy the shopping, people, Diamondbacks, Suns, geckos, swimming, swimming, and being near Ryan's family. Well have a great day everyone! Hope all is well!

2 comments:

Heatherbelle said...

Ugh! It really has been the hottest summer I can ever remember! I have hardly been outside except to get in and out of the car! I don't know how you live down there!!!

Andrea :) said...

And I thought I was gonna die in 90 degree weather! Holy cow! Good Luck staying cool. Much Love