Monday, March 17, 2008

Becoming Jane

I started this post before I left for Utah and before I got sick and I'm finally going to finish it....
We had the funnest girls night two weeks ago! Do all you Brigham Girls remember our Pride and Prejudice parties? Well this was even better! We had a English Tea Party and watched "Becoming Jane". My darling friend Allie had this awesome idea to have a movie night and have a traditional English tea(all except the tea of course). I must say that it beat out our old Jane Austen parties by virtue of the fact that we all have gotten to be much better cooks in our latter years. We had scones with (fake) clotted cream and lemon curd, cucumber sandwiches, cranberry white chocolate scones, brie melts, cookies and an English trifle that I made with homemade lady fingers. It was such a delightful evening. There is something so refreshing about spending time watching a good movie with great friends who share your enthusiasm for Austen all while eating delicacies off of china dishes and tea cups! Simply Charming! I only wish you all could have been there!

1 comment:

Andrea :) said...

I so wish I could have been there! I miss our old P&P parties! I love that movie and I'm so glad you gals got to enjoy it in style! :)